Sunday, April 7, 2013

Revenge of the Mean Little Kid (week 4)




It was Thursday of week four in training and I was in the basement of the Orem Rec center trying to finish 5 miles on my weekly training schedule. I noticed as I passed the entry way stairwell that there was a little boy staring at me and grinning maniacally. As I passed by him three more times, I noticed that not only was he still staring at me but now he was getting ready to burn out in front of me. Luckily, the next lap was with my cool-down walking pace since I had reached my distance goal for the day. I noticed that this boy was standing in my track line waiting for me to come around again. I paid no attention to him and politely passed by him but now he was walking side-by-side by me. He spoke, “I remember you.” I looked at him and realized it was that same child from the soccer mom who I plowed over a few weeks earlier because he was being a jerk. I said, “Yeah and what of it?” He asked, “Do you want to race fat boy?“ I replied, “How the hell did you get out of the Rec center day care? Your mom is probably looking for you.” He laughed, I showed him how to count to one, and then I left the track.
https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif

This is how week four went... How would you guys handle an awkward situation like that?

1 comment:

  1. Is this even a true story?

    If the little kid called me fat, I'd probably plow him over again...or, maybe you're his secret hero, and he's only at the track so that he can train to be your running sidekick.

    ReplyDelete