Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I Love Halloween Part 2

After my coffin was constructed I had to paint it.
We had some leftover wood stain finish that was originally used for our garden box to help prevent termites and decay, so I used that to give it a more rustic look.



 

The odor turned out to be very strong and it still stinks up my basement
 
 
 
 
 
After I had finished staining the wood, I wanted to add rope handles to the coffin to give it more of a distressed look.
 
 
 
 
After my coffin was constructed, stained, and 'handled' there was only one thing left to do to complete this coffin.
 
 
 
I added lining to the inside of the box by stapling old cheap fabric I bought from Savers. This completes my coffin. Now the next question I have to work on is: What will go inside the coffin?
 
Originally I wanted to lie in it and jump out to scare trick-or-treaters. Unfortunately I am a little to big to fit in it. My wife fits perfectly inside of it but that just a coincidence and I digress.
 
My next option was to create my own rotting corpse to lie in it. Stay tuned for the next blog which will show you the step in completing my corpse. 

 
How are you going to celebrate Halloween this year?

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing like the stench of death in your basement to celebrate Halloween the right way.

    ReplyDelete